Silver Fern Wines
At Silver Fern our team of winemakers and viticulturists are committed to crafting unique New Zealand wines with distinct regional characteristics.
Making wines that display the purity of fruit, elegance and refinement is the focus of our skilled team. From the gravelly soils of our river terrace vineyard, we produce mouth-watering, ripe fruit that is gently crafted to become the wines of Silver Fern.
At Silver Fern we are proud to be an accredited member of Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand and our vineyard is operated in accordance with this scheme’s guidelines. This programme is an independently audited system that ensures minimum use of artificial inputs and human interferences.
Sustainable initiatives include:
- Grazing sheep in the vineyard over winter to reduce the need to mow. This encourages nutrient recycling and aids soil health
- Encouraging beneficial organisms to grow
- Management of soil health and nutrition
- Management of water availability and use
- Encourage predator insects who deliver a natural pest control system while also adding to the biodiversity in the vineyard